WHEN: Saturday, February 21, 2015
TIME: 12 noon to 3 p.m.
WEBSITE: Visit Website
Announcing our 11th Annual South Side Soup Contest!
Saturday, February 21, 2015
Our fabulous South Side Soup Contest will celebrate its 11th annual event on Saturday, February 21, from 12 noon to 3 p.m.!!
This year will feature 25 restaurants paired with business or retail locations throughout the South Side. Participants try to sample as many soups as possible, voting for their favorites. The winning restaurant will house the coveted Soup Bowl Trophy for the rest of the year. Proceeds from the Soup Contest will benefit The Brashear Association's food pantries and the South Side Chamber of Commerce Welcome Center, an official information center of VisitPittsburgh and a central community service and meeting place.
Soup Contest tickets are scheduled to go on sale on Friday, February 6, 2015, at 12 noon. Admission is $25 per person plus a pantry donation to the Brashear Food Bank. For more information, please go to www.southsidesoup.com or the Soup Contest's Facebook page. Last year, the tickets sold out online in 5 minutes.
This year's South Side Soup Contest has been planned, organized, staffed and managed by both Brashear and the Chamber and nearly 100 dedicated and cherished local volunteers.
- 1/13/2015 Police are still searching for missing South Side man
- 11/20/2014 South Side Small Business Saturday! Nov. 29
- 11/4/2014 South Side Chamber working to become a complete organization
- 10/27/2014 'Sociable City' plan rolled out to coordinate Pittsburgh nightlife
- 10/21/2014 Help us catch these South Side vandals!
- 9/23/2014 Startup taxi company targeting South Side draws protest
- 8/25/2014 The Big Duquesne University Clean-Up!
- 8/6/2014 South Side Works area to get restricted parking
- 7/16/2014 Parking Problems: Will more permits ease the South Side residents' parking woes?